Tom is the Academic Director of the Thailand Coaching Institute (TCI) and the Director of the Asia Pacific Coaching Institute (APCI). He is a coach and trainer who has developed and coordinated numerous projects for organizations in Thailand as well as abroad. Tom is a certified professional coach and mentor, who received his own coach training and then subsequently worked as a coach and trainer for The Neuroleadership Group. He is an International Coach Federation (ICF) Associate Certified Coach (PCC), having over 500 hours of logged coaching hours and over 450 hours of logged coach mentoring hours, supporting over 140 coaches to work towards receiving their ICF ACC and PCC accreditation.
Tom holds an “Advanced Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring”, a “Certificate in Performance Coaching”, a “Results Associate Certificate of Coaching”, and a “Certificate in Group and Team Coaching, and a Professional Certified Coach certificate in Holistic Life, Career & Executive Coach Training, which are all accredited and recognized by the International Coach Federation (ICF) - the world’s leading coaching professional body. As well, Tom has developed and trained on numerous accredited coaching programs, including “Appreciative Inquiry Coaching”, “Coaching for Managers”, “Coaching for Leaders”, and the “International Coaching Certification Program”. Tom has also supported many organizations to develop and maintain their own coaching culture initiatives, working with organization leaders to understand and use coaching as a means to improve engagement, commitment, creativity, and individual critical thinking skills that help move their organizations forward and be more competitive and innovative.
Additionally, Tom has coached MDs and CEOs from several organizations, including such organizations as Pathumwan Princess Hotel, Microchip, Interface, The American School of Bangkok, and Tipco. He has a clear understanding of the needs of top executives and is able to facilitate their insight and engagement towards defining and invigorating their leadership capacity. While Tom’s coaching style is based off gaining rapport and making the coachee reach a state of mind ready for insight through various neuro-coaching strategies, his main goal is to see his coachees get results and achieve the goals that they set. Through solid coaching and careful follow up, Tom enables his coachees to identify their own potential and reach their goals with clear and tangible results.
Highlights of Professional Coach Training and Coaching Career
Tom has been a trainer and/or presenter for the following programs:
• Siam Cement: Cross Cultural Training and Coaching for Expatriated Professionals
• Microsoft Thailand: Cross Cultural Communications Effectiveness for Teams
• Chevron Thailand: Coaching Essentials
• Raffles Group: Delivering Effective Sales Presentations
• Impact Group Thailand: Coaching Essentials for Leadership
• Public event: Neuroleadership Group “Quiet Leadership” workshop
• Ericsson Indonesia: Leadership Coaching Skills
• Asia Business Forum - Guest Lecturer - Appreciative Enquiry in the Workplace
• Microchip: Coaching Skills for Leaders
• Nike Thailand: Presentation Skills and Communication in the Workplace
• Siam Commercial Bank: Communications and Coaching Skills for Sales Staff
• Public Event - Appreciative Inquiry Coaching
• The American School of Bangkok: Basic Coaching Skills for Parents
• Pathumwan Princess Hotel - Leadership Coaching Training
• Yum! Thailand - Executive Leadership Coaching
• The American School of Bangkok: Coaching Skills for Educational Leaders
Coaching and Mentoring Certification
• Trainer and certified coach for the “Results Associate Certificate of Coaching” and “Quiet Leadership” programs, Neuroleadership Group.
• Professional Certified Coach certification in Holistic Life, Career & Executive Coach Training, Goal Imagery Institute
• Certificate in Mindfulness Coaching, Mindfulness Coaching Institute
• Certificates in Leadership Coaching and Team and Group Coaching, Shire Consultants
• Coaching Certification in Appreciative Coaching, Clancy Coaching Consultants
• Former Secretary of BOD, International Coach Federation (ICF), Bangkok Chapter
• International Coach Federation (ICF) Associate Certified Coach (ACC)
• Doctor of Business Administration, Assumption School of Business, Bangkok, Thailand
• Master in Education, Framingham State University, Boston, USA
• Bachelor of English, Portland State University, Portland Oregon
• Teachers Qualification, Portland State University, Portland Oregon